I don’t know about you but man do I love everything tea-infused! For our readers who are short of time but craving something sweet, this is your lucky day! Co-founder Winnie has generously shared her secret recipe of making “Matcha x Jasmine Cookies”.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of fine salt
- 2 tablespoons of matcha powder
- 226g of unsalted butter (approx. 1 cup of butter)
- ½ cup of icing sugar (confectioners sugar/powdered sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of Jasmine Tea infused butter
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- In a bowl, mix flour, matcha powder and fine salt until the matcha powder and fine salt is spread throughout the flour.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter under low heat and add Jasmine tea leaves.
- Then, continue heating the mixture of butter and jasmine tea leaves at low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan and allow the mixture to rest for another 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to separate the tea leaves and butter.
- In another bowl, cream butter, sugar, Jasmine Tea infused butter and vanilla essence.
- Add in Mixture A into Mixture B, continue to mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Place the dough on a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut out cookies and bake them on baking sheet for approximately 8-10 minutes until edges turn golden.
Note: For stronger jasmine flavour, infuse the butter and tea leaves 1 day before baking.
It is simple to make and super tasty. Instagram-worthy don’t you think?
Winnie is a Law graduate (University of Leeds) and Barrister-at-law (Lincoln’s Inn). She is currently based in Macau.
Aaron Lim is a practicing lawyer, and co-founder of WordPeckers.org